"Launched at the height of pandemic, Ontario's free skills-based learning initiative with LinkedIn and First Work has helped upskill over 40,000 Ontarians!
This accessible learning initiative removes the financial barrier of furthering education but also brings these job and career-growth seekers to the virtual professional landscape. The power of networks is real, with LinkedIn estimating 70% of job placements being filled through professional networks. Through LinkedIn x First Work - over 1.29 million new connection have been made! Allowing for the benefits of this initiative to bare opportunity for years to come.
Get your LinkedIn Learning License
First Work is thrilled to be the Community Partner for the LinkedIn initiative to help jobseekers find employment through upskilling, e-learning and micro-credentialling, funded by the Governments of Canada and Ontario.
LinkedIn’s Learning Licenses allow for convenient, accessible, and free education modules that ensure jobseekers are better equipped for today’s workforce demands, while expanding their networks, bringing them closer to the labour market and ultimately increasing the chances of employment success.
Valued at $350/year, these Learning licenses are FREE until March 2022.
- LinkedIn Talent Insights for employment service providers for access to real-time data insights on talent pools and labour market information to create job pathways for their clients;
- LinkedIn Recruiter licenses to help employment service providers pinpoint and connect with local organizations that might want to hire youth learners; and
- 100,000 LinkedIn Learning licenses empowering jobseekers to build in-demand skills they need to get hired.
Register as Organization
This sector has worked incredibly hard over lockdown to pivot services to the digital landscape; these licenses will further that digitization, while providing access to accreditation and learnings to advance employment success with your clients.
LinkedIn Learning licenses are not just available for the jobseekers you serve – but for you and your staff’s professional development as well! Head to linkedin.firstwork.org/organizations to register your organization!
Register as an Individual
Are you a job seeker or worker looking to upskill with LinkedIn Learning? Head over to the First Work x LinkedIn Microsite to register for your free access.
LinkedIn and First Work are recognizing jobseekers for their upskilling and learning through a monthly challenge! Once completed, you will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a $150 gift card with 20 winners selected each month.
Bonus entry available by:
- adding the course certificate to your profile,
- sharing the course on LinkedIn.com using hashtag #SkillUpON, and
- submitting your screen shot to First Work.
First Work x LinkedIn Licenses Survey | Win Monthly for Your Agency!
Tell us how you’re doing with LinkedIn! Take a 5-minute survey for a chance to win $2000 for your organization!
Complete a short survey to be entered into a raffle to win:
- Two organization winners per month - $2,000 prize
- Submission collections ongoing; must be received by 11:59pm on the last day of the month to qualify.
To enter the raffle, submit your story on how you leveraged the LinkedIn solutions across the following topic areas:
- Upskilling: Bringing jobseekers, displaced workers, and long-term unemployed closer to employment success.
- Professional Development: Enhancing your capacity as practitioners.
- Digitization: Leveraging modern resources that support digitization in the sector and closing the gap between job seekers & employment.
Please note: Organizations who hold formal Service Agreements with First Work are not eligible for the survey challenge.
How to Keep Your LinkedIn Learning History
- Attend this webinar to ask questions you may have regarding the end of the LinkedIn x First Work initiative. The LinkedIn x First Work Initiative ends on March 31st, 2022.
- Attend this webinar to learn how to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your LinkedIn profile to preserve your learning history or learn how to download your history. The LinkedIn x First Work Initiative ends on March 31st, 2022.
- *If you have not linked your LinkedIn Learning account with your LinkedIn profile, you will no longer have access to your learning history, including the courses that you have completed, and the certificates earned after completion
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.