Community Insights Advancing
First Work is a leading membership organization bringing together the best providers of employment services, business leadership, academia, and government committed to advancing healthy employment ecosystems. Our membership community shapes our work and positions us as the bridge between jobseekers and employment opportunities. Our continued advocacy at all levels of government supports progressive policy development for the benefit of all jobseekers and communities. Our direct engagement with youth, newcomers and frontline practitioners ensures our services are relevant, culturally appropriate, and timely.
First Work is determined to:
Mission & Guiding Principles
Mission: First Work supports and advocates for a sustainable employment delivery network.
Vision: To see Ontario jobseekers – especially youth and newcomers – access and leverage an agile and holistic employment network which assists them in reaching their employment and life goals.
- We believe all jobseekers should have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- We believe all jobseekers should have equitable access to services, regardless of where they live.
- We believe in the values associated with community-based, non-profit delivery models.
- We believe in honesty, fair play, and integrity in all our dealings and value solutions reached through collaboration.
- We believe First Work is accountable to its members for the achievement of its mission and core functions.
- We value an active and influential membership, leading the sector in advancement.
- We value partnerships with other organizations and governments where they contribute to the achievement of our vision and mission.
- We believe in the value of knowledge transfer and evaluation so that our members, governments, and community are well-informed, and our activities are evidence-based.