Application close: February 23rd
Program course dates: March 22 – May 7, 2021
To ensure fairness, applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Online, Together is a 6-week course designed to support employment service providers to deliver programs that increase engagement, motivation, and retention by designing programs that foster learning, resilience, and goal achievement, and support a trauma-informed approach.
This is a highly participatory program. Those attending should be comfortable discussing, sharing and learning with peers.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Apply trauma-informed practice to program planning and delivery.
- Apply specific program design methods that increase program engagement, motivation, and retention.
- Use specific facilitation and applied learning methods that facilitate optimal learning and engagement.
- Use behaviour change principles to help participants build new habits and achieve their goals.
- Boost participant motivation within programs by applying strength-based needs assessments.
- Create accurate, clear, relevant and powerful learning objectives that shape program design.
- Give and receive effective feedback between peers, in order to strengthen each other’s learning.
The course requires a time commitment for 6 weeks of 3 - 4 hours per week (2.5 hours during set times) from March 22 – May 7, 2021. The 2.5 hours of training delivery options each week will include a 1.5 hour teaching call Wednesday or Thursday:
- Wednesday: 1:00-2:30 pm or 3:00-4:30 pm
- Thursday: 1:00-2:30 pm or 3:00-4:30 pm
These are the only times available for attending the teaching calls. Your preference will be requested at a later date after confirming enrollment.
A 1-hour peer call will take places on Fridays, with timing to be confirmed based on group preference.
- 6-week applied course for practitioners who develop and deliver employment and training programs
- 2.5 hours of live program delivery, plus 1-2 hours of independent work each week
- Participants will complete a capstone project that applies to their current work
For further information on programming details, please refer to the Online, Together FAQs.
Before completing the application, please ensure the following:
- I have watched the informational webinar
- I understand the time commitments (4hrs per week)
- I understand the learning outcomes of the course and the assignments that I will have to submit
The application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. To ensure fairness, applications are reviewed on a first come first serve basis. Please reference the FAQs and webinar if you have any questions.
The program is valued at $950; however, the program is being made available free of charge thanks to funding support from the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.