Application close: June 7th, 2021
Program course dates: July 6th - August 20th, 2021
To ensure fairness, applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Online, Together is a 6-week course designed to support employment service providers to deliver programs that increase engagement, motivation, and retention by designing programs that foster learning, resilience, and goal achievement, and support a trauma-informed approach.
This is a highly participatory program. Those attending should be comfortable discussing, sharing and learning with peers.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Apply trauma-informed practice to program planning and delivery.
- Apply specific program design methods that increase program engagement, motivation, and retention.
- Use specific facilitation and applied learning methods that facilitate optimal learning and engagement.
- Use behaviour change principles to help participants build new habits and achieve their goals.
- Boost participant motivation within programs by applying strength-based needs assessments.
- Create accurate, clear, relevant and powerful learning objectives that shape program design.
- Give and receive effective feedback between peers, in order to strengthen each other’s learning.
The course requires a time commitment for 6 weeks of 4-5 hours per week (2.5 hours during set times) from July 6th - August 17th, 2021. The 2.5 hours of training delivery options each week will include a 1.5 hour teaching call Wednesday or Thursday:
- OT cohort 9: Teaching Call Tuesday at 1pm, Follow-up Call Thursday at 1pm
- OT cohort 10: Teaching Call Tuesday at 3pm, Follow-up Call Thursday at 2:30pm
These are the only times available for attending the teaching calls. Your preference will be requested at a later date after confirming enrollment.
A 1-hour peer call will take places on Fridays, with timing to be confirmed based on group preference.
- 6-week applied course for practitioners who develop and deliver employment and training programs
- 2.5 hours of live program delivery, plus 1-2 hours of independent work each week
- Participants will complete a capstone project that applies to their current work
For further information on programming details, please refer to the Online, Together FAQs.
Before completing the application, please ensure the following:
- I have watched the informational webinar
- I understand the time commitments (4-5hrs per week)
- I understand the learning outcomes of the course and the assignments that I will have to submit
The application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. To ensure fairness, applications are reviewed on a first come first serve basis. Please reference the syllabus, FAQs and webinar if you have any questions.
First Work is providing this course with support of the provincial government. There is no tuition cost to participate in the course at this time for First Work members. The retail value of the course is $1,950. Online, Together is offered by First Work, in partnership with Purpose Co, free-of-charge with funding support from the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.