Application close: June 7th, 2021rd
Program course dates: July 6th - August 17th, 2021
To ensure fairness, applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Online, Together is a 6-week course designed to support employment service providers to deliver programs that increase engagement, motivation, and retention by designing programs that foster learning, resilience, and goal achievement, and support a trauma-informed approach.
This is a highly participatory program. Those attending should be comfortable discussing, sharing and learning with peers.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Apply trauma-informed practice to program planning and delivery.
- Apply specific program design methods that increase program engagement, motivation, and retention.
- Use specific facilitation and applied learning methods that facilitate optimal learning and engagement.
- Use behaviour change principles to help participants build new habits and achieve their goals.
- Boost participant motivation within programs by applying strength-based needs assessments.
- Create accurate, clear, relevant and powerful learning objectives that shape program design.
- Give and receive effective feedback between peers, in order to strengthen each other’s learning.
The course requires a time commitment for 6 weeks of 4-5 hours per week (2.5 hours during set times) from July 6th - August 17th, 2021. The 2.5 hours of training delivery options each week will include a 1.5 hour teaching call Wednesday or Thursday:
- OT cohort 9: Teaching Call Tuesday at 1pm, Follow-up Call Thursday at 1pm
- OT cohort 10: Teaching Call Tuesday at 3pm, Follow-up Call Thursday at 2:30pm
These are the only times available for attending the teaching calls. Your preference will be requested at a later date after confirming enrollment.
A 1-hour peer call will take places on Fridays, with timing to be confirmed based on group preference.
- 6-week applied course for practitioners who develop and deliver employment and training programs
- 2.5 hours of live program delivery, plus 1-2 hours of independent work each week
- Participants will complete a capstone project that applies to their current work
- I have watched the informational webinar
- I understand the time commitments (4-5hrs per week)
- I understand the learning outcomes of the course and the assignments that I will have to submit