Explore First Work's power of collective advancement through our membership.
First Work members are unique in many ways – from a joint-focus on engaging vulnerable youth populations and our multi-sector partnerships, to delivery in the most remote parts of Ontario with limited resources, our membership proudly ensures that youth across the province are given quality services to help them achieve meaningful employment.
Our members serve a wide variety of populations, with the majority being focused on youth-employment service delivery, but also including seniors, immigrants and refugees, and Indigenous communities.
Why Be a Member
First Work sits at the heart of a growing provincial network of members and industry partners, based throughout Ontario, working together to support the needs of young jobseekers across the province.
We are youth employment providers, employment training centres, community-based providers, industry specialists, youth and workforce directed research teams, educators, businesses supporting youth employment, and affiliates who are looking to change the youth employment landscape.
Established in 1988, First Work has continued to evolve over the past decades to remain innovative and nimble to meet the needs of youth and the sector. Together with our members, we are committed to delivering accessible, high-quality, outcomes-based employment services to young people to support their employment and life goals.
- “Community-Based” Organizations (non-legislated)
- Those who are delivering services to youth
- Voting rights at Annual General Meeting and eligibility for Board seats
- Input to and influence of Government Relations that affect youth employment
- Input to and influence of Strategic Communications that affect youth employment
- Influence on and ability to participate in Professional Development Opportunities (e.g., conferences, webinars, certifications)
- Participation at Regional Meetings
- Discounted membership rates to Professional Development Opportunities