6-Week Online Course: How to design and facilitate an on-line learning community that fosters learning, resilience, connection and goal achievement.
Starting Friday June 12
This is a highly experiential course designed for practitioners in the Employment Services sector.
The goal of the course is to support practitioners in developing and delivering effective online programs with a focus on facilitating learner connection, retention, learning and advancement towards their goals.
We have been hearing from alumni:
The skill and timing of your course could not have been any better. We learned so much that has led us to the completion of our first cohort class – starting with 6 and finishing with 6 and 2 already working. We are starting our next cohort on May 25th and believe we have a real rhythm to it!!
We have two NEW program editions:
Two new weeks of programming with a focus on additional facilitation techniques and methods.
Dedicated technology tutorials and tech troubleshooting
This is a highly participatory course. Success in the course will require to participate in and engage in one learning sessions per week, one small group and weekly course assignments.
Course participation requires between 6-8 hours per week.
In the course, participants will:
- · Identify specific learning objectives for the program you want to deliver.
- · Design a program for online delivery based on their identified learning objectives, using a variety of teaching tools including: facilitated group learning and discussion, practical exercises, focused reflection, peer support.
- · Design homework and experiential exercises that can facilitated virtually.
- · Integrate practices that support learners’ ability to focus on goals and build personal resilience.
- · Learn about the difference between facilitation, teaching, leading.
- · Understand and apply trauma-informed approaches and adult learning principles to facilitation.
- · Understand how to build rapport in a group through conscious connection, empathy, and process design.
- · Learn how to develop facilitation skills and scripts aligned with their values, personality, and work contexts.
- · Learn about best practices to lessen the stress of common facilitation challenges by developing strategies and scripts to manage, de-escalate, and troubleshoot on-the-spot.
The structure of the course includes:
- · Course workbook with six weekly lessons, exercises and assignments that support experiential and applied learning of course principles and theory, including building a new program or adapting an existing program for online delivery, designing experiential learning exercises, cultivating a learning community and using exercises to help clients achieve their goals and build resilience.
- · Weekly 1 hour teaching call
- · Weekly 1 hour small group call
- · Weekly course assignments submitted and shared publicly with all group participants
- · Reviewing and commenting on 5 colleagues’ work each week
- · 2 group Q+A calls (over 6 weeks)
- · Two technology tutorials including: google classroom, Microsoft teams, slack and zoom
- · Technology troubleshooting and support and Technology Q+A
Friday, June 12, 2020 (Orientation)
Lesson 1 starts: Tuesday, June 16
Weekly teaching call: Tuesday @ 10:00 a.m. + Small Group Call: Thursday @ 10:00 a.m.
Pricing: Regular $975 | First Work Members Special Rate: $450 Each ($350 each for groups of 3 or more from 1 agency).
To register, please click here
New Date offered! Monday, March 30, 2020
TIME: 1:00 pm
First Work in collaboration with Danielle Olsen, Workforce Strategy Consultant and Meg Saxby, MSW, Counsellor and Adult Education /Organizational Development Expert is holding a webinar to share best practices in engaging clients remotely and using web enabled cohort based learning and coaching models to support clients to maintain and build their personal resilience, confidence and move towards their goals.
For those of you who will be participating, we would appreciate if you could please complete the following survey:
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
TIME: 1:00 pm
In this webinar, Danielle Olsen, Workforce Strategy Consultant will provide an introductory overview of dual customer focused workforce development models and how to analyze, assess, plan and begin to customize employment and training services to meet the needs of regional employers, workers and job seekers, including those with greater needs.
This is a highly experiential course designed for practitioners in the Employment Services sector. The goal is to support practitioners in developing and delivering effective online programs.
As participants in the course, you will receive two learning sessions per week, resources, exercises and tools, training, co-hort based coaching and community of practice support. In order to enhance learning and exchange, participants will be grouped with a co-hort of practitioners working with similar themes.
In the course participants will learn and apply skills to:
1. Adapt a program for online delivery based on their program learning objectives.
2. Learn to use online teaching tools including: facilitated group learning and discussion, practical exercises, focused reflection, peer support.
3. Design homework and experiential exercises that can facilitated virtually.
4. Integrate practices that support learners’ ability to focus on goals and build personal resilience.
As part of the course, participants will receive:
· A workbook with weekly lessons and exercises.
· A weekly 1 hour teaching and Q+A call that reviews and unpacks the lesson and exercise.
· A second weekly small group (20 people maximum) working through exercises.
· A closed Facebook group to share updates, ideas, wins and ideas.
BONUS Session: How to serve clients virtually without access to internet.
Weekly time commitment: 8hrs of time per week (including assignments). Sessions are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 – 11:00 A.M. EST
Dates: Starts Thursday, April 2, 2020
Pricing: Regular $950 | First Work Members Pilot Special Rate: $350 Each ($250 each for groups of 3 or more from 1 agency).
CERB & CESB – Service Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency
Date: Monday, May 25th, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM
Presenters: Ken Fortin and Sonny Cesar from Service Canada and Canada Revenue Agency Representatives.
First Work in collaboration with Service Canada will be providing a webinar on CERB and CESB for our First Work Members. This webinar presented by Service Canada will cover the Canadian emergency benefit packages specifically: Canada Emergency Response Benefit and Canada Emergency Student Benefit geared to providing support for frontline staff navigating clients through the application process and address the most pertinent questions from the sector with respect to these packages.