Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to the work we do together to advance youth employment in Ontario. After a year of transition and listening to the needs of our members, we have enhanced our support to you in meaningful ways that will increase our impact and strengthen the voice of the member network province-wide. Your membership renewal will allow us to enhance the service offerings that will increase your organizational capacity and strengthen our reach as a sector.
Newly Added Benefits of Membership:
Current Member Benefits include:
- Increased Advocacy: Communicating issues, challenges and alternatives to various ministries and levels of government on behalf of the membership will be central to our role
- Members Only Portal: First Work is designing a portal to provide its members with access to information and resources that will support the growth of your staff, management and organizations.
- Amplify Conference (May 8, 2017): This will be a high level professional development conference for emerging leaders, senior managers and executives within the youth employment sector. Amplify will feature illuminating TED-style talks with thought leaders, followed by engaging discussions and will feature a a useful Program Design Lab
- Engagement with Industry and Education Partners: Bringing the other pieces of the puzzle together will allow us to collaborate on evidence-based solutions to youth unemployment while leveraging the work that is being done within other sectors
- Youth Conference and Award Ceremony: We will engage those we serve in a long overdue discussion about their needs, issues that affect them and solutions that would create meaningful, positive and lasting change. We will showcase outstanding achievers and role models who can inspire others
- Professional Development Series: A series of workshops will be delivered to support members with program roll-outs, organizational development and pressing issues that affect our sector
- Quarterly Reports: These reports will showcase emerging sectors, government plans, identify trends, outline new research findings and list current opportunities for partnerships
- Job postings: In response to your requests, we will be posting member job vacancies on our website to support your recruitment efforts
- Blogs: Will be posted on our website with relevant topics, success stories, new resources etc. to support your staff in their daily work
- Access to Consultants: To support members upon request in designing customized solutions for their organization
- Futures Conference: Canada’s largest annual development opportunity for youth employment professionals. This three-day conference brings together over 375 delegates from the sector, offers over 40 workshops and allows for valuable skills development and networking opportunities
- Regional Tables: Participation in regional tables with special meetings held quarterly to address the unique needs and challenges of each region
- Advocacy, Networking and Coalition-Building: we help your organization to access government departments and ministries, and help to provide a unified voice for the sector. Our members can influence program and policy decisions through our extensive network
- Research and Evaluation Support: Our Evidence staff provides you with support and access to our impactful and visually-engaging research briefs
- Revenue Sharing: Access to shared opportunities in multi-stakeholder grants for joint projects and partnerships
- Job Developer's Institute, a specialized series of workshops designed for job developers within the youth employment sector
- Group Benefits Plan: Eligibility for insurance coverage with Arthur J. Gallagher (Large Group Discounts for: Health & Dental Coverage, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement & Pension Plan, Life & Disability Benefits, and Flex Plans, including for smaller organizations)
- Monthly e-bulletins containing important and timely information, news and events
We are energized by this dynamic network and enthused by the work ahead of us. We are confident that the enhancements to your First Work membership will provide excellent value and we look forward to your 2017 renewal. Invoices will be sent out shortly. We thank you again for your trust, guidance, membership and participation in advancing youth employment in Ontario! It is our pleasure to serve this vibrant and dedicated community of professionals. We love to help you help youth!