Community Insights Advancing Youth Employment
First work is a leading membership organization bringing together the best providers of youth programming and employment services, business and industry leadership, academia, and government in developing solutions for youth employment. Our direct engagement with youth ensures our services are relevant, culturally appropriate, and timely. Our membership community helps to shape our work and place us in a position where we bridge the gap between young people and employment opportunities.
First work is determined to:
- Help other organizations and businesses to be equipped to support young people and adopt youth friendly approaches;
- Empower young people to take control of their personal and professional development, and gain the skills employers want;
- Support organizations working in the youth employment space by providing a platform to communicate, share best practice and network;
- Convene and help navigate through labour market challenges; and
- Champion and influence government on youth employment barriers and solutions.